After fervently praying, gaining family support, and listening to the need for strong leadership from our community, I am announcing my candidacy for Sheriff of Murray County. It is my desire to serve the citizens of Murray County.
My name is Dekota Boling — the son of Mont and Judy Hall Boling of Chatsworth. I am a graduate of Murray County High School. I am a lifelong resident of Murray County where I am proudly raising my daughters, Kynlee and Livia, with my wife of five years, Leah Slack Boling. We are active members of Mt. Olive Baptist Church, where we build our faith as a family.
Serving in law enforcement for twelve years, I have experienced the struggles the law enforcement community has endured. This tough profession requires a deep-rooted desire to serve and benefit the community. Moving forward, law enforcement agencies will require strong, competent leaders equipped with the training, education, experience, and community-oriented leadership to successfully protect and serve their respective communities. To that end, my professional accomplishments include:
• Twelve Years of Law Enforcement Experience
• Five Years of Supervisor / Management Experience
• Master of Science in Criminal Justice: Public Administration
• Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
• Adjunct Criminal Justice Professor
• Certified Law Enforcement Instructor
• Senior Deputy- Georgia Sheriff’s Association
During my career, I have obtained the needed requirements to be prepared to face the challenges associated with managing the sheriff’s office for years to come. As your sheriff,
1. I pledge to maintain a fiscally responsible budget while simultaneously offering excellent service.
2. I pledge to work diligently to maintain a safe community.
3. I pledge to provide all citizens with a responsive service to their needs.
4. I pledge to create a culture of professionalism, dedication, and consistency.
Thank you for your consideration.
Faith Family Community