The City of Chatsworth honored two people at their October city council meeting. Both Rep. Rick Jasperse and city clerk, Wilma Nolan for their efforts in helping Chatsworth.
Rep. Rick Jasperse
Jasperse was honored by the Georgia Municipal Association honored him for defending home rule principles in their communities.
“Representative Jasperse has been a friend to the City of Chatsworth and to all local governments in the State of Georgia,” said K.W. Gong, mayor. “The people of House District 11 are fortunate to have a representative that values the principles of local control.”
Jasperse was presented with the Champion of Georgia’s Cities award.
Wilma Nolan was recognized by the council for taking on the extra hard work involved in receiving CARES funds.
“We know they don’t just hand out money, there is always a paper trail,” said councilman Jeff Cloer.
He made a motion to give Nolan a $50 gift card to her favorite restaurant.
Other city news:
- City Municipal Court will be held on every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. except on holiday weeks.
- The next regularly scheduled Council Meeting is scheduled for Monday October 5, 2020 at 600 p.m. The Council Meetings are held in the Council Chambers, 400 North Third Avenue, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705.
- The Downtown Development Authority’s monthly meeting will be held the last Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at Chatsworth City Hall in the council Chambers. These meetings are open to the public.
- Chatsworth City Halls’ normal business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are located at 400 North Third Avenue Chatsworth, Ga. 30705. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 516, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705. If the public would like to contact City Hall, please call 706-695-2834.
- The Sanitation Department curbside pick up will be on Mondays and Thursdays. When placing debris of limbs, or trash, small brush, grass clippings, or leaves and trimmings , please separate them, keep the limbs and brush in separate piles.